WELCOME TO 2022, ITS GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR
As a music artist, you need to understand that you are also a business person. The basic principles of business is simple, which is:
GIVE VALUE IN EXCHANGE FOR MONEY
As a musician/entertainer, the value you give is not just entertainment but also inspiration. When people listen to the right songs, they are inspired to do things that can have positive effects in their lives.
The questions you should ask yourself is:
WHAT VALUE DOES MY MUSIC GIVE?
WHAT WOULD PEOPLE BENEFIT WHEN THEY LISTEN TO MY MUSIC?
Having clear answers to the questions above will help you in composing and writing your song.
Once you have recorded a song, you have created value. The next thing you focus on is how to convert that value to money and this is where many upcoming artistes have an issue.
This leads to the question:
HOW DO YOU CONVERT YOUR SONG TO MONEY?
You need to understand that in the music industry, the money you make is directly proportional to the number fans you have. The number of fans you have determines the following:
1. The number of streams and downloads your music gets.
2. You ability to attract good record deals.
3. The number and size of endorsement you get.
4. Your ability to attract big shows.
As a upcoming artiste, you primary aim is to grow your fanbase. The process of growing your fan base is in 2 stages:
1. Attract followers.
2. Engage with your followers to convert them to fans.
The best platform to achieving these 2 stages is facebook. All you need are 3 things:
1. A website where you upload your song for free.
2. A facebook page.
3. A facebook advertising account.
Here is what you can start doing right now to grow your fan base:
1. Upload your song to a website where it can be downloaded for free.
2. Create a post on your facebook page inviting people to dowload your song and put the link to your song there.
3. Use facebook advertising to promote your post. You can do this for just N200 a day.
Just as you put in time and resources in creating your music, you need to put in time and resources in promoting your music to grow your fanbase. The only way you can see results in your music career is to take action.
Leave a Reply