Fire guts UNICAL hostel hall

Kindly Share

There was a fire outbreak in Room 115, Hall 6 in the Malabor Republic of University of Calabar hostels.

Eye witnesses said the fire incident happened Thursday evening at about 7.30pm.

Some of the students in the hostel said the fire outbreak was as a result of an electrical fault.

So far, there were no casualties, according to the Director of Welfare of the Students Union Government, Omagu Paul, who also confirmed the incident.

Paul said he, Efoli Roland and other officials of the SUG have visited the scene and have also invited some electricians to ensure that the incident is properly managed.

He advised students to stay off the affected area as work is ongoing to fix the electrical fault.

“Affected residents should rest assured that the issue would be rectified as soon as possible”, he said.

The Vice Chancellor Prof Florence Obi could not be reached on phone.

Kindly Share

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.